Chairman: Michael Thiel (BASF, Germany)
Secretariat Officer Responsible: Maxime Eliat
The registration dossiers of Pt and Pt compounds have been finalized in Q1 2017 and submitted by the registrants as of Q2 2017. The maintenance of the dossiers will start in 2018.
Interested in joining the Consortium or buying a LoA? Please visit our dedicated webpage.
PLATINUM & PLATINUM COMPOUNDS INVENTORY (INCLUDING CLASSIFICATIONS) AND ID CARDS:
ID Cards Platinum
- ID Tetraammineplatinum dinitrate
- ID Tetraammineplatinum dichloride
- ID Platinum dioxide
- ID Platinum dinitrate
- ID Platinum
- ID Karstedt Concentrate Non Confidential
- ID Hexachloroplatinic acid
- ID Dipotassium tetrachloroplatinate
- ID Dipotassium hexachloroplatinate
- ID Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate 2-aminoethanol
- ID Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate
- ID Diammonium hexachloroplatinate
- ID Diammineplatinum (II) nitrite
IDENTIFIED USES OF PLATINUM :
The identified uses of the platinum substances registered by the PMC have been covered in Exposure Scenarios (ES) when needed. These Exposure Scenarios are not only a requirement for the REACH registration dossiers but must also be communicated down the supply chain to downstream users (DU) via the Extended Safety Data Sheets (eSDS).
Once a DU has received the eSDS, they need to:
- Check whether it covers their use
- Check whether the conditions of safe use correspond to the operational conditions and risk management measures implemented at their site.
This section of the website has been developed to assist in the communication along the supply chain. It provides to all PMC members but also downstream users and potential new co-registrants with the most recent list of identified uses and versions of existing DU ES extracted from the chemical safety reports (CSR) of platinum and platinum compounds covered by the PMC.
You will find below the list of identified uses (and Exposure Scenarios when relevant) by substance.
Diammineplatinum (II) nitrite uses
Diammonium hexachloroplatinate uses
Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate uses
Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate, compound with 2-aminoethanol uses
Dipotassium hexachloroplatinate uses
Dipotassium tetrachloroplatinate uses
Hexachloroplatinic acid uses
Platinum dinitrate uses
Platinum dioxide uses
Platinum, 1,3-diethenyl-1,1,3,3-tetramethyldisiloxane complexes / Karstedt concentrate
Tetraammineplatinum dichloride uses
Tetraammineplatinum dinitrate (in solution) uses
If your use is not covered or if you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.