Precious Metals & Rhenium Consortium
Which Precious Metals substances will be covered by the Precious Metals & Rhenium Consortium?
Our inventories can be found here:
Precious Metals Cyanides
Who can join the Precious Metals & Rhenium Consortium?
Membership shall be opened to any natural or legal person that meets one or more of the criteria set out in (a) and (b) below, and conforms to the requirements of Articles 3.2.2 and 3.2.3. The person must be either:
- A Potential Registrant, whether a Manufacturer or Importer of (a) Substance(s) or Isolated Intermediate(s) covered by this Agreement and established in the EU; and/or
- A Non-EU Manufacturer of (a) Substance(s) or Isolated Intermediate(s) covered by this Agreement represented in the Consortium either by an Only Representative or not.
To become a Member, an applicant shall sign the Consortium Agreement and shall therefore commit:
- to respect any and all terms and conditions set out in this Consortium Agreement;
- to complete and submit the relevant declarations (including but not necessarily limited to the Signature folio, the Substance and tonnage band declaration presented in Appendix 1 and Appendix 2, respectively, and the closing page) associated to this Consortium Agreement;
- to share free of charge any and all Information and/or Study as defined in Article 1 which is(are) available in its domain and not generally available or known to be in the public domain, and relevant for the preparation of the Core Data as defined in Article 1; and
- to pay (except in the case of Article 3.4) its share of the costs as stated in Article 3.2.3.
What is the objective of the Precious Metals & Rhenium Consortium?
The consortium aims at ensuring an aligned and harmonised Registration by all members companies, as a continuous maintenance of the registration dossiers.
Is it possible to comply with REACH without joining the Precious Metals & Rhenium Consortium?
Yes, compliance is also possible via the purchase of a Letter of Access, at an applicable cost under an ad hoc Agreement.