The EPMF is the European Precious Metals Federation, a Brussels-based association representing the European precious metals industry. The EPMF was established in June 2006, in order to set a reinforced working structure to increase the commitment, efficiency, credibility and legitimacy of the European precious metals industry in all its advocacy, scientific and regulatory activities at European level (www.epmf.be).
In order to support the regulatory and advocacy activities of the federation, the EPMF seeks to recruit a:
Responsible for providing regulatory and advocacy support to the EPMF.
The Policy Officer reports to the Secretary-General. He/she serves the interests of the association and all its projects.
- Internal information and support
- Monitor regulatory developments (mainly in the EU) which could impact the Precious Metals industry and coordinate the update of the EPMF Risk Register.
- Manage EPMF advocacy and communication strategy (messaging, events organisation, social media, etc.).
- Follow-up on regulatory developments, interact with other non-ferrous metals associations (mainly via Eurometaux platforms), coordinate regular feedback and updates to EPMF membership.
- External networking and support
- Prepare and advocate the EPMF position on legislations identified as a high priority.
- Develop EPMF active advocacy network at EU level.
- Participate and represent EPMF in regulatory fora (e.g.: OECD, European Commission, European Parliament, Member States, Eurometaux, Metals National Federation…).
Required profile, competences and skills:
- University degree in relevant area (e.g.: law, political science, history, economics, sociology etc.)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Public Affairs/Policy, ideally related to non-ferrous metals industry.
- Excellent understanding and command of the EU Institutions and their decision making process
- Good knowledge European legislation – knowledge of EU policy on sustainability and responsible sourcing is an asset.
- Strong communication skills, including networking in political circules and interpersonal relationships across cultures.
- Team player
- Proven project management skills, ability to work proactively and autonomously.
- Fluent in written & spoken English; knowledge of French, German and/or another EU language is an asset
- Social Media experience (twitter, linkedin) is nice to have
Terms and conditions, salary and other benefits:
- Full-time and permanent contract
- Position based in Brussels, although occasional travelling within the EU may be required
- Working in a professional, international and intercultural environment
- Up to standards salary with extra benefits (including amongst others pension, life and hospitalisation insurances, bike lease, meal vouchers)
EPMF does not make provision for any relocation costs.
Download the details from above in PDF format: