Who should register?
You should register if you are:
- An EU manufacturer or importer of substances on their own or in a mixture
- An EU producer or importer of articles meeting the criteria explained in the Guidance on requirements for substances in articles
- An “Only representative” established in the EU and appointed by a manufacturer, formulator or article producer established outside the EU to fulfil the registration obligations of importers
REACH requires EU manufacturers and importers of chemical substances (>1 tonne/year) to obtain information on physiochemical, health and environmental properties of their substances and use it to determine how these can be used safely. This means that each manufacturer and importer should submit to the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) a Registration dossier documenting the hazard and risk assessments.
Registration is based on the “one substance, one registration” principle. This means that manufacturers and importers of the same substance have to be part of the same Joint Submission. The Lead Registrant submits the joint registration dossier and each co-registrant has the obligation to submit its own information in its individual dossier.
More information on the REACH Registration process is available in the dedicated section of ECHA.
How to register your substance?
Two options are available for the Registration of the substances covered by the European Precious Metals Federation.
1. Become a regular member of the European Precious Metals Federation (EPMF)
Members of the EPMF have the right to participate in the activities of the Federation, including the General Assembly which is in charge of the workplan (timing and resources).
EPMF Articles of Association
EPMF Internal rules
2. Purchase a Letter of Access
The Letter of Access (LoA) is a short document that essentially grants recipients the right to refer to the registration dossier solely to register a specific substance under REACH. The recipients’ rights to review/inspect the information submitted is limited to what is strictly necessary.
With a Letter of Access:
- You can refer to the registration dossier for REACH compliance within the EU (token + name of the Joint Submission)
- You receive a locked pdf copy of the CSR, as well as specific sections of the IUCLID file and some guidance documents.
More information about EPMF membership and LoA (including our 2017 LoA costs) is available here:
If you consider one of these options please contact us and communicate the following:
- Your status under REACH (Importer/Manufacturer/Only Representative)
- The substance(s) of interest
- The tonnage band of the substance(s)
To facilitate the communication, please download and complete the two below annexes:
LoA agreement Annexes
When do you need to register?
As soon as you need to enter the EU market and after submitting an enquiry to ECHA.
For more information, go to: link
Check our registration status and timeline: