The maintenance of the dossiers started in 2018. Dossier Evaluation is ongoing due to testing proposals submitted on genotoxicity (all the Pt groups) and reprotoxicity (Karstedt).
Registration and Timeline
Platinum and Platinum Compounds Inventory
(Including Classifications and ID Cards)
- ID Diammineplatinum (II) nitrite
- ID Diammonium hexachloroplatinate
- ID Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate
- ID Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate 2-aminoethanol
- ID Dipotassium hexachloroplatinate
- ID Dipotassium tetrachloroplatinate
- ID Hexachloroplatinic acid
- ID 1,3-diethenyl-1,1,3,3-tetramethyldisiloxane and its platinum(0) complexes (‘Karstedt Concentrate’)
- ID Platinum
- ID Platinum (IV) aqua hydroxo nitrato complexes
- ID Platinum dioxide
- ID Tetraammineplatinum dichloride
- ID Tetraammineplatinum dinitrate
EPMF Platinum Working Group
Chair: Michael Thiel (BASF, Germany)
Co-Chair: Arno Büthe (Heraeus, Germany)
Responsible Secretariat Officer(s): Maxime Eliat
Identified uses of Platinum
The identified uses of the platinum substances registered by the EPMF have been covered in Exposure Scenarios (ES) when needed. These Exposure Scenarios are not only a requirement for the REACH registration dossiers but must also be communicated down the supply chain to downstream users (DU) via the Extended Safety Data Sheets (eSDS).
Once a DU has received the eSDS, they need to:
- Check whether it covers their use
- Check whether the conditions of safe use correspond to the operational conditions and risk management measures implemented at their site.
This section of the website has been developed to assist in the communication along the supply chain. It provides to all EPMF members but also downstream users and potential new co-registrants with the most recent list of identified uses and versions of existing DU ES extracted from the chemical safety reports (CSR) of platinum and platinum compounds covered by the EPMF.
You will find below the list of identified uses (and Exposure Scenarios when relevant) by substance.
Diammineplatinum (II) nitrite uses
Diammonium hexachloroplatinate uses
Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate uses
Dihydrogen hexahydroxyplatinate, compound with 2-aminoethanol uses
Dipotassium hexachloroplatinate uses
Dipotassium tetrachloroplatinate uses
Hexachloroplatinic acid uses
Platinum (IV) aqua hydroxo nitrato complexes uses
Platinum dioxide uses
Platinum, 1,3-diethenyl-1,1,3,3-tetramethyldisiloxane complexes / Karstedt concentrate
Tetraammineplatinum dichloride uses
Tetraammineplatinum dinitrate (in solution) uses